sábado, 19 de abril de 2008

ler os outros ©

(ainda que com um atraso danado)

* sobre Mário de Carvalho e o seu último romance: este texto de João Paulo Sousa no Da Literatura, mais este de Sérgio Lavos no Auto-retrato;

* sobre Rubem Fonseca, texto de Eduardo Pitta;

* a entrevista de David Berman à Pitchfork, via vidro duplo:

Pitchfork: When you're not recording, do you have a daily routine?

David Berman: I read a lot. I read, like, ten hours a day.

Pitchfork: Sounds perfect.

David Berman: I figure that's what I'm supposed to do when I'm not working. I think that I'm supposed to keep learning, in order to be useful in the event of an emergency, I don't know. I still have to learn how to make knots and all of that stuff. And why France collapsed so easily in 1940. There's a million things I have not caught up to. I spend a lot of time reading, a lot of time reading the Torah and Jewish texts, Jewish history. For about a year, I haven't read any fiction. It just strikes me as completely irrelevant.


* Cohen de bolso, João Bonifácio no Sinusite Crónica;

* Psychologist coach who puts Barça stars on the couch, entrevista de Simon Kuper a Frank Rijkaard no Finantial Times:

[sobre Messi:] He’s a fantastic dribbler, but he was making leaps forward by seeking variation in his game: one time you dribble, another time you give the ball back and go deep. And then you don’t have the risk that his team-mates just watch who he’s dribbling past. He was becoming more effective by doing less. He was fighting so hard for that. There was a rising line: he was becoming even more dominant. So this is a gigantic setback. I know how hard it is for him not to play matches. ‘Give me the ball, whether there’s 10 people watching or 100,000’.

Arquivo do blogue

«I always contradict myself»

Richard Burton em Bitter Victory, de Nicholas Ray.